Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Trophy Rainbow Trout Stillwaters in Utah?
I have fished Utah waters all my life and Strawberry since I was a kid. The best eating fish in this state comes out of Strawberry because of all of the crustaceans in the water. I for one want a trophy fishery but I also want to keep some fish to cook for the Fam. I like the idea of up the slot to anything under 17 inches. This would allow us to keep a couple of fish more often. (As many of you know, it is hard to catch small fish in Strawberry.) I also like the idea of making the upper slot at 25 inches. Also, if I go to that RAC meeting, I would tell the fish and game to put more rainbows in the water. I seems that we are not getting enough rainbows stocked. I for one think it is extremely easy to tell the difference between sterile trout and cuts. The fins are the key. Any orange on the lower fins and you can't keep it. Pretty darn simple. I like simple. I think it is simple now. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. Opposing views are always welcome in the world of BFTer's
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [PBH] More Trophy Rainbow Trout Stillwaters in Utah? - by chinook - 02-26-2007, 05:54 PM