Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistol Petes and Spin Tail Flies
[left]
Hey there TubeDude,

Do I remember Jann's? I believe I was getting one of their funny little catalogues in 1963-64. They had all these old illustrations of all this stuff I didn't understand because I was young and besides it was mostly what I thought was east coast gear. I was making (around 15) my first flyfishing bass popppers about that time. Still have them too. Wine bottle cork carved bodies, tail feathers from a feather duster, legs were rubberbands. Serious!

Ya, I remember making some propeller type lures, really just wire, a propeller, and a shaped sinker with beads, that were a take off on some of the steelhead spinners that were being used, not in the lakes like davis blades, in the rivers along with some rig that also had roe. I'm not talking about the ones they have today that have a roundish body with affixed blades. Ah those were interesting times.

Big baits for the surf perch. If you go to another big site's surf fishing board, you will cry your eyes out at the huge, I mean huge perch that are being caught up and around Malibu yesterday and today. They're using big baits, just as you said!
[/left] [center][url "http://www.calfishing.com/dc/user_files/843.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2183333.jpg][/url]
[#ff0080]click on pic to see larger size[/#ff0080]

(HERE'S THE PIC FROM THE OTHER SITE...POSTED BY TUBE DUDE)

Nuff from me for now

JapanRon
[/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Pistol Petes and Spin Tail Flies - by TubeDude - 03-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Pistol Petes and Spin Tail Flies - by JapanRon - 03-05-2003, 05:03 AM