Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing is the mother of all invention
I thought you guys might be interested in my float tube inflation system. It came about because of the poor quality and good warranty of the aerobed in a minute that I bought so my wife would go camping with me.

First we had problems with the valve so they sent us a new one to replace it. Then we split a seam on it . . . Not caused by evening camping activities. They sent us a new bed along with a new pump.

I had purchased my u tube around that time as well and had been blowing it up by lung power. I couldn't afford a pump when I got my tube . . . because of the overpriced aerobed. I was getting lightheadded from blowing up my tube and it was affecting my fishing. So I used what brain cells I had that hadn't been starved of oxygen and the parts from my aerobed to make my life easier.

I located a 2.5" rubber end cap from the hardware store and it clamped perfectly into the aerobed valve. I cut a hole the size of a boston valve in it and screwed the assembly onto my float tubes boston valve.

Although I have to top it off with lung power, it really only takes a minute to fill my aerotube. It fits nicely in the compartment that encloses the boston valve.

One charge of the batteries will fill the tube 5 times. If I were to ever go on an extended trip where I wouldn't be able to charge the pump for a while I can take both pumps with me. Here is a picture of the pump and adapter on the boston valve and another picture with the assembly in place.

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0183109.jpg]

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0179543.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fishing is the mother of all invention - by plecopterahopper - 03-06-2003, 06:15 AM