Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to learn to crappie fish
There is 101 ways to crappie fish. Like shooting jigs under docks. vertical jigging and live bait. I go crappie fishing every weekend. Here is what I do.

I ONLY FISH AT NIGHT

1. Get on my dock which has a real good dock light and set up 5 or 6 rods on holders. All I put on the line is a hook with a live minnow. I feed out the line so the minnow can swim around freely. Sometimes you get some very active minnows and they can swim around too much and tangle you up, so just put a real light weight on that line. I only use a weight on the real frisky ones. I just sit there and drink beer and wait for a rod to bend over. BUT, if you do this there is a 90% chance the fish will swallow the hook all the way to his gut, so be prepared to tie a lot of hooks. I never rip the hook out I just cut the line.

2. If you are not drinking....do the same on a boat, near a dock W/ a light on it, or any good structure. I like this the best because I have a Pontoon and I put a lot of lines in the water. It looks like a shrimp boat coming at ya.

I hook the minnow by......Go to the front of the dorsal fin, and go down 1/16 or 1/8 in and hook him in the meat. Dont go too far down or he will die very soon. This way he will swim better, but he still swims like he is hurt. So, the fish love the weakest link.

Make sure you use rod holders. A Cat, Bass or striper might want a little supper. I ve lost 2 rods already this summer.

Fishing this way you can use any line, rod or reel. Just as long as your rod can flex a little to let you know you got one.

Remember everyone has their own way of doing buisness.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trying to learn to crappie fish - by idahopanfish - 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Re: [birddogwi] Trying to learn to crappie fish - by JimFlash19 - 05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
RE: Trying to learn to crappie fish - by SenkoSam - 03-06-2024, 09:08 PM