Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 and 13 year olds need a license on 7/1/07?
There is an exception for scout-type groups. Here's what I received from DWR:

House bill 59:Exemption from fishing license. Authorizes residents younger than 14 years old to fish during a youth organization activity without a fishing license if the organization receives proper documentation. It requires the adult leader to instruct the youth members on fishing laws. The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources will provide educational materials on fishing laws. The Youth Organizations is a non-profit group like the boy scouts of America or the girl scouts of USA. On the website will be a form to be filled out by the adult leader of the group that they will need to have on them. It will be available July 1st. The forms will contain: The date and place of the fishing; the name of the adult leader that will supervise the fishing; and the activity is officially sanctioned by the youth organization.

I plan to check into this for the scouts I work with. I'll update if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [kentofnsl] 12 and 13 year olds need a license on 7/1/07? - by Like2Fish - 06-25-2007, 01:45 AM