Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surrounded by clouds at willard last evening
ROFLMFAO [laugh] Nice comeback trowtslayr.

The lightning thing reminded me of an old post of WalleyeBob's. I LMFAO when I read it the first time and again when I read it moments ago, so I've pasted it below. Here's what NOT to do when you your on the lake and lightning starts popping. I seriously considered putting WalleyeBob in for the Darwin Award that year but nobody died and nobody got hurt so I couldn't.

From WalleyBob's post of June 21, 2004:

[#4040ff]We were fishing Starvation Saturday and a big gray cloud came over. Everything in the boat started throwing static sparks. I lifted my rod to cast and it started buzzing and felt like I was holding onto a spark plug wire. Casted a 1/8 oz jig and when the jig finally came down and hit the water, the line stayed twenty feet in the air. It just hung there. Had to stick the rod tip in the water to pull the line out of the air. Dangerous,,yes,, but way too cool to not do it again.[/#4040ff]

[#4040ff]Brad hid in the bottom of the boat. I couldn't stop lifting my rod tip and listening to it buzz. Learned to cast by holding the cork so it wouldn't shock me too bad.[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]
That line, just hanging in the air is really weird. I'll bet if you had a 1/64 oz jig, it wouldn't even land in the water. It would just hang in mid air. Didn't have time to test that theory before the cloud moved on.[/#4040ff]

[#4040ff]Sounded like a rattlesnake was in the boat the whole time. All those graphite rods throwing static sparks to the side of the boat.
Anyway, I know it was a dumb trick, but it was interesting. Don't try this at home!![/#4040ff]
[#4040ff][/#4040ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [trowtslayr] surrounded by clouds at willard last evening - by RipNLips - 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM