Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Rangefinder
I have a Bushnell Yardage pro (scout I think) the small single hand held style that woorks pretty well. The only issue I have had with it is trying to pick up a small rock in tall grass. It works fine on trees, bigger rocks, deer, elk, what ever. I believe they are only about $250 or so.If thats all you can afford then get that one. After you get all your necessities, then you can start to upgrade to getter quality. Each year I pick out something in my gear box that I would like to upgrade and put it on a list arranged by priorities. Then save a little here and there for your purchase. But in the mean time you still have something to get you buy.

I too would like to have a Leica rangefinder or Swarovski glass, but I really can't see how they will help me out that much more. They are on the bottom of my priority list. By the way Bushnell has a pretty good warranty with them, so if you break it in the first year send it in and you'll probably get the newer model for a replacement.

Don't get too caught up in the rangefinder for the archery hunt. In the last 4 years that I have had my rangefinder, I have only been able to range 2 animals before the shot. It's a nice tool to have along but you can't totally rely on it, still need a little instinct.

Good luck.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Help with Rangefinder - by HookJaw_Brimhall - 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Re: [HookJaw_Brimhall] Help with Rangefinder - by Elkoholic - 08-02-2007, 09:07 PM