Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Rangefinder
I haven't used the Nikon but I have used the Bushnell Trophy. When my mom wanted to get one for my dad it came down to the Nikon vs the Trophy. For what it's worth here is what I found out about them for her.

The Nikon has better optics and larger magnification. Reads distance in half yards and is a little smaller. Down side was it didn't read as far. Only 400 yds. Mom kept hitting the wrong button on top of the finder in the store and didn't want to deal with it on the hill.

Bushnell Trophy used a 9-volt battery. Easy fix if goes dead on hill. Reads out to 800 yards on [black][size 4]large[/size][/black] reflective objects. Smaller objects like deer or elk the distance on the box is pretty accurate. Simple to use with only one button on top. Optics not as nice but I have never had a problem seeing a deer or elk through it. Slightly larger. Doesn't mesure in half yds but I don't really see that as a down side.

Spoke to several dealers and they claimed both were about the same as depedability.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Help with Rangefinder - by HookJaw_Brimhall - 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Re: [HookJaw_Brimhall] Help with Rangefinder - by tlspyder13 - 08-03-2007, 08:34 PM