Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What got you hooked?
hmmmm interesting question....

... first Id have to also say that I got kind of bored with worms and such.. didnt have much luck with lures etc so was using bait primarily... then I got to talking to my brothe in law who has fly fished and tied his own flies for years...

.. we were back to the midwest in May a few years ago and I got to talking to my brother in law again... he set up one of his scott rods and reels for me.. gave me a second lesson and handed a box of poppers.. then he left.. lol..

.. I spent the next half hour or so casting.. clearing the line.. replacing poppers I lost or tore up.. and then it happened.. I was watching a large green and yellow frog popper bob in the water and move toward a small tree in the water.. I saw a small wake coming at the popper .. it looked like a torpedo just under the surface.. next thing I knew something hit my popper and I pulled up on the line.. firmly.. but not a hard jerk.. I felt a good tug pulled against me and knew it was on.. after a short fight I pulled in a decent sized (pound or so) lmb.. I have my nephew take a picture and then showed it to everyone of my brother in laws cronies.. heheh last they said was .. put a fork in him. hes done.. hooked for good..

.. since then I have come to know some great people on bulleting boards and have learned a lot.. and that lead me to buying my newest rod on which I caught a nice "kittie" the last time I was out..... I also caught a bunch of small gills on my older rod about a year ago.. it was so much fun.. drop the fly in.. watch them swarm it and wait till I got a good nibble..

.. in a few days I will trying tubing for the first time and feel like a little kid in a candy store.. so many good things to eat but not sure where to start.. [sly].. cannot wait to meet up with a few of the bft'ers and float in a tube and hoperfully bring some good sized fish to hand...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What got you hooked? - by flygoddess - 08-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Re: [flygoddess] What got you hooked? - by tubeN2 - 08-14-2007, 03:49 AM
Re: [flygoddess] What got you hooked? - by macfly55 - 08-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Re: [flygoddess] What got you hooked? - by Dryrod - 08-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Re: [Dryrod] What got you hooked? - by macfly55 - 08-18-2007, 04:52 AM