Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluation of ODC "Classic"
Looks exactly like mine, had it 2 years and still running. Be careful with your toons, I thought I had a slow leak in mine but I guess my valves weren't tight. The only thing they skimped on with this one is the cheaper pontoon covers, alot of the more expensive ones have heavy duty rubber covers, like a basketball.

Nice photos, nice anchor rig,

How do you plan on transporting it, just curious, my old vehicle had a rack on top, my new one doesn't (yet) I've been breaking down and re-inflating each trip, takes a little more time.

I solved the problem with the seat by bungying a boat cushion or 2 on top of the canvas seat. I sit way up off of the water with the 2 cushions underneath me. Creek Company sells rod holders, they were on sale for $6 each, I snagged 2 of them, now they make excellent oar locks, just tuck the oar behind each holder, I'll have to take some pics and show you how they're rigged.

I've also strapped a couple of bungy cords across the bottom frame making a shorter foot rest, if you like to bend your knees a little, works great, me being 5'5", the foot rests are a little bit of a stretch. If you strap bungies across the cargo net you can store another rod or anything else for that matter by securing it under the bungies. I've never tried it with an electric motor, don't see the need for it, love rowing. I started standing on it last year, no standing platform, just tuck my feet between the frame and the pontoons (wearing sneakers) on each side of the seat. Takes a little getting used to but after a while it's effortless. I've only fell of it once, slipped off my cushions into 4 feet of water, no problem.

I'm curious, did you get a fly line apron, and do you use it, I find mine keeps me tucked into the seat and gives me less casting motion.

And YES, the ODC classic is still $199 with free shipping, the company is very reliable and answers emails very quickly. If worse comes to worse a replacement bladder is $36, not bad, they do honor warranties very well and will replace anything covered.

I hit Pocono Lakes quite frequently, haven't had mine on a river yet, good to know it's worthy of the Delaware. I just picked up a bike trailer and plan on packing the pontoon into a couple remote lakes, could always use company.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Evaluation of ODC "Classic" - by AdictedBassTard - 08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Re: [LloydE] Evaluation of ODC "Classic" - by HenryDavid - 08-16-2007, 03:01 AM