Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renting a boat....need ideas.
Unfortunately, I would have to rank among those that haven't used the boat at all this year. The past 2 years have been incredibly busy and a new baby at the end of July took me away from fishing. However, for the price of my boat ($4k) it wouldn't take many rental trips to pay for it. Then you still get something back when you sell it. However, I'm finally going to get mine out on Friday. Just hoping for some good reports on how / where to fish the berry to get me back into the swing of things. (I'm the one that started the post about fishing the berry this week.)

Buying a boat is definitely a decision that shouldn't be jumped into. You should consider the pros / cons very carefully, and look a potential purchase over EXTREMELY carefully. Look into the history of the boat, get a good feel for the owner and the use the boat has had, look for signs of abuse or potential problems. If you are careful, you can get away with a decent boat for not a lot of $$. However, avoid any boat where they say "It just needs a minor repair, should only cost you $100". I would also avoid any boat where the seller really doesn't know much about the boat or history.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Renting a boat....need ideas. - by Nica - 07-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] Renting a boat....need ideas. - by addicted2fishin - 08-29-2007, 09:52 PM