Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor battery questions
i use a general formula for finding out how long i can run my stuff....

get the amp hour output on the battery. figure out how much your equipment draws....then divide...example a 400 amp hour battery will run my 50 amp draw motor for 8 hours...400 divided by 50 is 8. this is general times.

you post says your battery is rated at 7.1 hours at 15 amps...thats in the neigborhood of 106 amp hour rating. so multiply here to figure out the battery specs...7.1 times 15 = 106.5 amp hours approx. then if you draw at 45 amps divide... 106 divided by 45 = 2.3 and some change, so you are getting less than 3 hours of run time off a single charge. the cold crank amps dont matter because you are not starting a engine you use the deep cycle part of it all to maintain a flow of energy to the electric motor...you need bigger batteries...i am not exactly sure how that changes when you run in series to get the 24 volts, but i know it does not double that intital number even if it did you would only be set up to get around 5 hours at best on a charge...which you did when they were spankin new, figure that time will decrease with age and use on those batteries...you should ask about the amp hour rating...the higher the number the longer you fish. i use a 100 amp hour battery because my 12 volt motor has a 7 amp draw on high speed and around 5 amps on low, i do not have variable speed i have hi lo off.
i will find the report on the amp hour stuff i was reading in a journal and post the highlights here for all to see...it was interesting.

good luck!! if you need other questions shoot me a PM. i know a couple things about electron flows and protrons and other nuclei.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trolling motor battery questions - by kentofnsl - 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Trolling motor battery questions - by BADFISH - 09-08-2007, 03:59 PM