Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington -- Electric Lake 9/29/07
I have to keep reminding myself of an old saying: "Misery loves company". Glad to see that I'm not the only one that has "exciting" incidences while fishing!
I don't know if I posted it or not, but a while back (last year or the year before), I almost lost my truck in 9-mile reservoir. We backed in, launched the boat, I tried to pull out and the back end just sunk into the mud. It was while trying to figure out what to do that we noticed that the truck was sinking further in the back and also the front tires were sinking. I've never been so muddy in my life. We made record time putting the tire chains on the front and was able to pull out...just barely though! I thought for sure I was hitchiking home that day. It's good you were able to get your rig back on the road after your incident!

Happy to see a confirmation of the boat ramp at Huntington. I wish they would have just made it go all the way down to the current water level however!

By the way, congrats on the the Moderator election! I've been out of town since last Tuesday and have missed out on some excitement!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [kentofnsl] Huntington -- Electric Lake 9/29/07 - by N.E.T.O. - 10-01-2007, 05:25 PM