Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about taking up fly fishing...
..Ill let the more experienced anglers here recommend books and videos.. but I will tell you that a good place to start to learn about this sport is on boards such as this one.. I can tell you from experience the people here love this sport and all are more than willing to help anyone with questions or concerns.. especially someone just wanting to start out...

.. if I were you I would check and see if there is a fly fishing club of some sort in your area.. if there is go and check them out.. in most cases these clubs are your best or at least one of the best sources of information not only on the sport but on local waters...

... next after that Id also check to see if there is a fly shop in your area.. the people that normally work these shops are very helpful in answering questions and also a good source of information on local waters and local clubs..

...ahhhhhhhh the reason I started this.. is my rotten brother in law.. he put a rod in my hand about a year and a half ago.. gave me a quick casting lesson.. put a box of poppers in my hand and said have fun.. 30 minutes later I caught a nice LMB .. and the next day I caught a good sized crappie.. and I have been "hooked" ever since...

.. welcome to the board.. and cardinal rule here is.. dont hesitate to ask questions.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [iammetalcore] Thinking about taking up fly fishing... - by macfly55 - 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM