Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't you use live minnows in UT?
[reply]
[#0000ff]Of course a lot of DWR detractors would have you believe that DWR simply does not want us to use bait that would be too effective. Balderdash. They spend a ton to recruit anglers and to stock waters to provide good fishing for the masses. Attend meetings with dedicated DWR folks and the ongoing theme is "What can we do to make for a better angling experience in Utah?".[/#0000ff] [/reply]

That may be true in many cases, but if what you say is true then I can't quite get my head around this one:

Willard Bay
Possession of gizzard shad, dead or alive, is unlawful.

Why is that? If they're worried about gizzard shad being transported elsewhere (which I can fully understand) they should simply tell us "Transporting gizzard shad, dead or alive, away from Willard Bay is illegal" and still let us fish with them. I don't get it.

Hey... I just thought of something. Technically every Wiper I take home without gutting or filleting has a belly full of dead gizzard shad and I'm breaking the law. [Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [TubeDude] Why can't you use live minnows in UT? - by RipNLips - 12-13-2007, 01:03 AM