Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston, Condie, Twin Lakes
Weston and Twin,

Weston has no rules on bait. Anything goes. They restrict bass and have a "float tube only" rule in the summer.

Twin Lakes was fishing well for perch last time I was there (mid Jan.). I was near the middle of the north lake, well south of the boat ramp. I could get continuous action most of the time. The fish were small on average but I caught 20 or so that were over my 8" criteria.

I also had no problem limiting out on trout. I would simply raise my outfits off the bottom to about halfway down. The trout were skinny and not really what you want for good eating size (long enough but skinny) so I only did this when the perch action went dead and I was bored.

There were so many perch in there that it is my hunch that they have taken over. If true,that is a good news/ bad news deal since perch are my favorite to catch and eat. The problem is that Twin Lakes is one of the last really good bluegill spots and crappie were starting to come on. The LM bass was good too. Perch have a way of out-competing all other species. I don't think trout should be in a lake like that so no loss there.....

The rumor is that the owners are going to close it to fishing so maybe it is all moot anyway.....

FR
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Weston, Condie, Twin Lakes - by fishingrocket - 01-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Re: [trophyboat] Weston, Twin Lakes - by fishingrocket - 02-01-2008, 03:11 PM