Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWTON RESERVOIR REPORT
Newton is great for numbers although size is a problem. My guess is this year you may get a 36" if your very lucky. Go to Pineview if you want a monster. They have not been in thee long enough since the lake went dry years ago. I had a few days up there last year catching 15 plus a day. If you want to catch them with the most fight in them go late may and june before the water gets to warm. One thing I will say about the tigers up there is they are acrobats and fly out of the water when hooked. For some reason are another they are showman compared to pineview tigers. Good lures are 3 to four inch minnow imitating baits that wiggle alot. The whole west side and the bay at the back of the lake is your best bet early summer. Bring bass gear and flipping can be great for largies also. Lots of panfish to be had also... Be prepared for lots of waves due to how small the lake is and the ski boats also.... Also if you wanna try for bass on a fly rod this lake can not be beat. Arm yourself with a tube or pontoon and fly rod with poppers or my favorite a yellow spider and cast into open pockets with a few twitches. It can be a blast Smile Figure this lake out and its got it all I have found....
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
NEWTON RESERVOIR REPORT - by bigbullhunter - 04-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Re: [fsh4fun05] NEWTON RESERVOIR REPORT - by ssabshif - 04-10-2008, 03:03 AM