Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent Yuba reports?
Water is extremely low. Park ranger stated that it will start to rise now. One would think that the fish would be congregated with the low water, if they are, the bite is certainly slow. Last two trips produced zero fish or even strikes.

I suspect the perch fishermen are doing OK, but I don't know that for sure.

I'll be heading back down there sometime this week in pursuit of giant pike and I will post if I can manage a fish or two. I am not optimistic, however. The shoreline has receeded way beyond the salt cedar and other vegetation. Predator and prey alike have no where to hide.

Water temps are still high enough to keep the fish out of the shallow bays during the heat of the day. I'll fish the deeper open water searching for pike under the vast schools of perch and carp.

I think it will be several weeks before the fishing gets better, Note I did not say "Good". I'm certainly not going to catch fish sitting at home so I'll continue to spend long uneventful days trying different tactics and lures. All I want is a 25 lb fish, I'm confident there is one in there, but I'm not so confident that I can put it in the net. Tight lines
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Any recent Yuba reports? - by ocean - 09-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Re: [ocean] Any recent Yuba reports? - by pezvela - 09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Re: [pezvela] Any recent Yuba reports? - by ocean - 09-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Re: [ocean] Any recent Yuba reports? - by 2fishon - 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM