Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ones that got away stories ??
What fond memories, the Channel Islands sure are a special treat in a world that's gone so developed. Had my first quite brief and immediately unsuccessful marriage in 2001, last time down there. So took the Cal-40 out to the islands for honeymoon, (sour-grapesmoon lol).

After leaving the mainland, which has changed so much I don't even recognize entire towns, the Islands are unchanged, a California in a time capsule. Beautiful man,

Funny, Dad's got his Whaler moored in Emerald, so I get her in it and took her out to the West End. It's got this decided miss in it, needed a good tune, but took it anyways, has an SSB. Anyhow, went about 2 miles off the West End and shut it off. Really pretty morning, just rolling glass, and I start telling her how there is absolutely nothing else out there but Hawaii, etc. She asks about sharks so I told her my personal stuff and how right where we were sitting is the home turf of the Great White. "Scott, are we safe in this boat??", well.... not necessarily lol I explain how they have attacked smaller stuff and the surfboards they use off the Farralons etc to study attacks bla bla....., she's all absorbed with this little Smile and I'm the one that's uh, we better go now LMAO.

Ever fish those lunkers off the East end??. my bass buddies up here thinks I'm funnen with them when I tell 'em about 500 lb. Black Sea Bass lol
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ones that got away stories ?? - by BigFishingShop - 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Re: [tubeN2] Ones that got away stories ?? - by BigFishingShop - 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM