Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ode to Sturgeonkid and Tube Dude
Hey ES...

Senko color is an interesting thing...it's a rare occasion when I find that one color is working better than another. When the senko bite is on...they just seem to eat senkos...reguardless of color. However, I will give you some of my top choices. For Utah Lake, my two favorite colors for the 4" senko are 1) 157, Smoke w/ lg blk and prpl flk...2) Natural Shad, that one is actually the Kinami Flash, not the bonified yammamoto senko.

When it comes to the 5" senkos...I've got a few more favorites...1) 194, Watermelon w/ lg blk flk. 2) 196, Pumpkin (orange) w/ lg black & sm green flk. 3) 021, Black w/ lg blue flk. 4) 156, Chartreuse w/ lrg blk flk.

As for the retrieve and how to fish them...I think you've got the basic idea of how to do it. Just pitch it out there (and watch that line because 90% of the pick-ups on senkos seem to come on that first initial fall), and let it sit on the bottom for a little while. Then give it just a few tiny little twitches, and let it sit some more. And ya just keep doin' that a few times. That's about it.

Also as was mentioned, you can wacky-rig them. Very deadly, especially on Utah Lake. That's always been my favorite way to fish a senko. I use about a size 2 baitholder hook and just stick it right through the middle. I fish it the same way as I just described though. Pitch it, let it sit, give it a few twitches, and let it sit some more.

Hope this helps...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ode to Sturgeonkid and Tube Dude - by EmuScud - 05-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Re: [EmuScud] Ode to Sturgeonkid and Tube Dude - by SturgeonKid - 05-27-2003, 03:49 PM