Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard eyes saturday.
Here I am, burned to a crisp yet had a great night's sleep trying to recover from the fishfest yesterday.

From Dawn to dusk we were assaulting those amphibians! The count between 6:30 to Lunch was 4 walleyes 9 wipers. The walleye bite came only in the morning when there was a breeze rippling the surface. Wipers would be in schools among the 'eyes. There were quite a few smal cats in there too.

Lunch rolled around and met most of you BFT'ers for the first time. Very good lunch by old coot! (thank you for your delicious lunch, by far the best dutch oven ever!)

Then we headed out again from 3 to 8:30 to the feedlot, no eyes were caught again.[pirate] However those wipers really came on! My buddy Jason and I were going absolutely nuts tearing into them. My fish finder was showing gizzard shad spurts, and wipers clearly was in the area. I was using Worden's bottom bouncer (the kind with the flourescent spinner) and a crawler harness. We were running them into the flood of gizzard shad on the bottom. Kabooom!!!! In all there were a total of 32 wipers. Boy, they can tire your arms out. I would have stayed but my brain and my arms were so tired. I told Jason that I'm done. It was a long beautiful day indeed!

Old Coot, the third time's definitely the charm! You picked the best day of all time! I left the fish camp totally satisfied, and contented for the nice evening drive home. I want to say abig hearty THANK YOU to you.

I enjoyed meeting you all!

Thank you fish1on for the meal ticket. Thank you Bear Lake Mack for the meal ticket for my friend Jason. Thank you nomoose for the worms and the gift of two ice cold bottled water. They sure came in handy as I was dehydrated. You al have a great heart of gold! You clearly outshined those people in the Deep South with your generous hospitality! You all are a great bunch of anglers in my book! May all of you catch and release a million wipers and eyes!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard eyes saturday. - by PREDATOR - 06-01-2003, 04:31 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] Willard eyes saturday. - by MGB - 06-01-2003, 05:04 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] Willard eyes saturday. - by WalleyePaul - 06-01-2003, 01:46 PM