Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kids fishing derbies (hooked on fishing)
[center]Ma and Pa's fishing derby saturday june 7th[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1392678.jpg][/center]

worker bee jon made it out to give a hand, sory about the dark photos, the day was as nice as they come, the sky was partialy clowdy. temps in the mid 70's. You could not ask for a nicer day.

how ever we could have had a better weather forcast, the entire day our weatherman kept forcasting severe thunder storms every 15 minutes. though we did not see a single drop it put a major damper of the turn for the derby. [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage13860.jpg][/center]

we managed to pull in about 20 partisipants from park goers who had not been listening to the radio. [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1426844.jpg][/center]

only a few fish were caught this day, and again the gals out fished the guys. [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1432221.jpg][/center]

the big fish for this day was a 7 inch blue gill, coming in second at a close second was a tie, to gills messuring 6 1/2 inches and third place came in a gill at a wompng 4 inches [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1406754.jpg][/center]

with out a doubt every one who partisipated went home a winner with all the samples and goodies from all our sponsors, like sunglasses to see fish under water, hooks safes from bigfishtackle freshly tied walleye leaders cookies gum bobbers litteriture and catilogs from mepps miniture first aid kits from spung pants bob and lots of other goodies, if ya caught a fish at all you went home a big winner with a rod reel and tackle combo or a tackle box loaded with gear. [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1373141.jpg][/center] [left]having 20 partisipants I could not call it off due to threat of rain but having a good part of my set up materials left I may be able to pull off another derby some time later this year.[/left] [left] [/left]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [davetclown] kids fishing derbies (hooked on fishing) - by davetclown - 06-09-2003, 05:25 AM