Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kids fishing derbies (hooked on fishing)
[center]Davisberg Derby june 8th 2003[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage146436.jpg][/center] [center]as you can see our day started out as a dark and drirrary day. [/center] [center]2 hours before the derby was to start the rain sat in, now it was not any thing torential but it was a good stedy down pour that gave no sign of letting up any time soon. unlike yesterday our anglers desided to come out in the pouring rain regardless to what the weatherman said.[/center] [center]and they did, our own "stormy" being among the first to arive called me from the paking lot to see if we were still going to try to make this turky fly.[/center] [center]after about an hour of setting in the rain huddled under the tent we began the depate of weather or not to call it off and just about that time our anglers started making their trek through the tall wet grass fishing poles in hand.[/center] [center]it was only minutes before the first trout was caught in the rain [/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1498169.jpg][/center] [center]the soaking rain trickled down to a drizzle and we were off. the fish started showing up one right after another[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1473726.jpg][/center] [center]some of our anglers were birnging them in two fisted[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage14583.jpg][/center] [center]as the rain let up the fish became more active, some even showing of their jumping skills waving at the kids with their tails as they went back in to the drink.[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage144142.jpg][/center] [center]it wasnt long before most every one had a fish to their name and many were acumilating a mass number of entries[/center] [center]Davey Crockette came up from florida with a cople fresh vine ripened watter mellons, barowing some cutlery for the rotery hot dog stand I carved open the huge mellons for the kids. [/center] [center]that was the last straw for the rain maker, he packed up his dripping sause and headed on down the road.[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1487436.jpg][/center] [center]rain coats started pealing as temps started rising and the air and grass dried.[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1503914.jpg][/center] [center]one by one every kid was in line to get their fishy mesured[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage151454.jpg][/center] [center]umbrellas were put in to other good uses such as fish baskets for those who were still a little timmed to rub skins with the slimies[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage152964.jpg][/center] [center]the sun even tryed to pop out, [/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1532318.jpg][/center] [center]and the fish still kept rolling on in.[/center] [center]My camera took a dump while down loading so I ran short on picures here, I had some great ones of stormy and his family and some realy teriffic fish.[/center] [center]our biggest trout rolled in at 17 1/2 inches, only to be beat out an hour latter by a large mouth measuring in at a womping 19 and 1/2 inches taking first place.[/center] [center]the most fish caught by one angler was 17 trout[/center] [center]I will attempt to get copies of those fish I had lost and post them here.[/center] [center]in spite of the steady rain at the begining of our event we ended up with about 65% of our initial sign up (about 75 youth anglers). "GO FIGURE" [Tongue][/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [stormy26] kids fishing derbies (hooked on fishing) - by davetclown - 06-09-2003, 11:36 PM