Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dowrigger releases for Kokes and Macs?
I used the rubberband release last year at the Gorge and did just fine for the Kokes. I was using a sling blade and a clauser minnow fly. I also used an off shore tackle release for the lakers. If you haven't used downriggers you will need to experiment with tension and how far to place the line in the clip. any clip can be used for any size fish. You just need to know the how much tension it takes to hold the size of rig you are fishing and adjust accordingly. Orange was a hot color last year have fun and try the Sheep Creek area. A friend of mine was up there last week and found all the lakers early in the morning working 20 to 35 ft of water feasting on rainbows. He caught several 35 lb lakers just casting a pearl 6 inch tube aand working it from 20 to 40ft. He also had success on the kokes vertical jigging a crippled herring in 50 ft of water. Good luck!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [EricCO] Dowrigger releases for Kokes and Macs? - by PescadorUtah - 06-12-2003, 06:21 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] Dowrigger releases for Kokes and Macs? - by PescadorUtah - 06-12-2003, 04:05 PM