Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Lake
Panguitch got a retonone treatment in 2006 so there aren't any chubs (or big fish for that matter) left. There is a slot limit on this lake so if you are interested in filling a stringer you'll be happier at Otter Creek. Still, Panguitch is a great lake to fish and it's hard not to have a good time there. It's excellent this time of year. Last year I spent 2 days in August on this water and we probably boated 30 fish. Unfortunately, all of them, including rainbows, were in the 15-22" slot limit and had to be thrown back. This year they removed the rainbows from the slot, but if I remember correctedly, 95% of the fish were cutthroat or tiger. I think we caught maybe 3-4 rainbows total.

If your grandsons are really young and you want non-stop action, I'd recommend going for perch at Fish Lake. Anchor just beyond the weedline anywhere on the lake and fish small hooks straight down with a worm. It will be slow at first, but within an hour or so the perch will move in and you'll be able to watch a dozen or more 6-8" perch swim up for your bait everytime you drop the line.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Panguitch Lake - by highflyer - 07-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Re: [highflyer] Panguitch Lake - by bvs - 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Re: [bvs] Panguitch Lake - by highflyer - 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM