Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Reservoir - July 18th
Could one of you guys take a picture of the rigged squids you are using and put it with a tape measure so I can see how big it is? I'll be fishing the Berry this friday and after being skunked 2 times in a row, I'm gettin' ready to catch a boat full of lunkers !!

I'm a catch and release guy and they all swim away happy.

Also, a point of clarification.. When you say you are trolling in 25-40 feet of water, does that mean you're letting your lures troll on the surface and the water's 25 feet deep, or that you're using down riggers to get the lures down to 25 feet in depth.

I've never tried down-riggers, but it sounds like they might be the missing link to my fishing success.

I usually just troll a white tube jig with worm or chub meat on it, or drift fish with it, or stay still and jig.

I have had lots of luck with a white fly that I found at Fish-Tech. It's about 2" long with a large hook. White feathers and a read head. Put that on with a half worm, and the fish seem to like it (for trolling).

About chub meat.. I have tried using it from the frozen chubs but once they thaw, they just won't stay on the hook. They turn to pudding and one strike and they're gone. Does fresh chub meat from a fresh caught chub work very good? Is it stinky enough for the fish to notice it??

Thanks for your answers and your help. There's pleanty of fish in the berry, so let's help each other out and catch a ton. My brain is slow and sometimes if I can see a picture of what you guys are using, that makes all the difference in the world.

See ya on the lake,
Curtis
LuvThemCuts
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Reservoir - July 18th - by OCF - 07-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Re: [MisterCompletely] Strawberry Reservoir - July 18th - by LuvThemCuts - 07-27-2009, 04:33 AM