Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber this morning.....
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your posts, and have a great appreciation for your skills on this great river, so keep up the good work!

Have you ever used plastics on the Green? I know the scents are a no-no there, but I'd bet you could land some monsters below the dam area with the same tactics you're using on the Weber. Might be worth a try if you haven't.

I've always done pretty well on the weber using streamers on a fly-rod and a short leader, but it's difficult to land the big ones on light tackle.

I have managed to entice a few of those very large browns over the years using a Deer Hair Mouse moved frantically across the surface of the water. Every one I managed to capture the attention of, went airborn in an effort to catch the critter, but I've never been able to hang onto one. They snapped off or missed the hook completely. It was always a thrill though, and made for good fish stories around the campfire, "It was just like Orca flying through the air at Marine world".

Anyway, if you ever get bored of the acton on plastics, you may want to try some topwater. Maybe you can master that as well. I've had a couple I'd sware were two feet above the surface of the water. Quite a rush![cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
weber this morning..... - by Utcatman - 07-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Re: [maniac] weber this morning..... - by high_n_dry - 07-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Re: [actionj] weber this morning..... - by orvy - 07-31-2009, 01:59 PM