Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the deal guys?
Several things:

Forums are slow everywhere.. The vette forum, seo forums, here, even the jewelry forums have slowed down a lot more than normal this summer.. I actually think its a good thing because it might mean that more people are going outside this summer..

There are too damned many forum areas!! Smile
Seriously, I have never seen a forum with this many forum areas, and so many of them are never posted in.. Every state area has at least 2 areas, and the only posts in them tend to be the site wide announcements.. I can think of little more frustrating than thinking, hey a new post in the Indiana forum only to see it is the same announcement I've already read 6 times..

If it were me, I would kill all of the state boards and make regional boards.. West, Great Lakes, Gulf, something.. It would have the side benefit of getting people in the same region together who might have missed each other because they are in different states..

Also, there are a ton of other boards that simply see no posts at all.. 5 tackle forums, 6 non-fishing outdoor sports forums, etc etc etc.. I think that between the massive advertising columns, and smashed (compressed viewing area), sheer forum overload, the system has simply gotten too hard to use and people are moving to other, less stuffed, forums..

Just a few thoughts
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What's the deal guys? - by Tarpon4me - 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Re: [kochanut] What's the deal guys? - by Feydakin - 08-24-2009, 01:28 PM