Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern California Saltwater Report 7/16-22

Southern California Saltwater

Report on July 18, 2003 (Friday)

Way Up North- Avila
Chris's was doing great on the salmon and rockfish. Others doing OK.

Up North- Channel Islands
Everybody did great especially the WSB, Wow!!!

LA Area-Catalina Island
I think a lot of boats are going for the 1 day albacore runs so there are not that many boats at Catalina.

San Diego- Local
Albacore bites are awesome and the local bite is excellent to scratchy depending on the area. No consistancy I can see.

LA Local
Same old story guys. Sand Bass biting everywhere below Point Fermin. Just Go dang it!! No whining later!

tubinjoe mentioned the green and silver sparkle whams and I saw a lot of guys get bit on those. The blams (paddle tail) didn't do nearly as well although the body shape is nearly the same.

Ya Know What, I don't remember doing that well on the Sandies (main fising method was doing an intermediate drop and retrieve) with the paddletail swimbaits. I'd stick with the Kalins (with the very small paddletails) and the whams. Didn't try the AA's yet because the only sizes I have of them are the 2 1/2 inchers and 3 inchers.

Good luck I'll be on the boats Tuesday and Wednesday.

Boats are going for albies from Long Beach and Orange County landing and doing very well. Hope that lightens the 3/4 day boats! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [JapanRon] Southern California Saltwater Report 7/16-22 - by JapanRon - 07-19-2003, 05:01 AM