Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using boat drift sock on float tube
"Also, what happens if your drag line/wind sock gets snagged besides the potential for loosing your drag setup? Would you get flipped, swamped with waves breaking over, or sink lower because of a downward pull?"

[cool][#0000ff]I don't know about the potential for sustaining damage or submersion if you snagged up in a breeze. It would have to be a pretty stiff breeze with sizeable waves. I personally would not still be on the water in that situation nor would I be trying to use a sock or anchor. I would be boogying for shore.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]I think the greatest possible potential for disaster would be to snag an anchor in a fast current. I have see a couple of small boats suffer from capsizing by doing just that. The force of the current pulled down the bow of the boat far enough to allow water to pour in and glub glub. [/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Most catastrophes of that kind happen to rookies or folks that just plain don't use good sense. I refer to it as "thinning the herd"...or reinforcement of the Darwin theory.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Using boat drift sock on float tube - by 1tuber - 03-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Re: [pontoonman] Using boat drift sock on float tube - by TubeDude - 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM