Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assault on fishing rights
We should all be active conservationists, YES!

However, any time the feds get involved, the rules get really stupid.[:p]

My heartburn with the treaty comes from the fact that the UN has a hand in it. I read the entire report and recommendations and it simply gives too much power to bureaucrats, foreign and domestic.

All I saw when I read it were red flags:
[#ff0000](My comments in red)[/#ff0000]
• Support for embracing science-based decision-making and investing in ecosystem-based science, research, and ocean observations, including comprehensive research on the linkages among ecosystem health, human health, economic opportunity, national and homeland security, social justice, and environmental change, including climate change;

[#ff0000]The DHS has already blocked off some of the best fishing areas on Pineview with NO local input. Check out the buoys near the dam next time you're up there. I read about coastal areas that used to be sportfishing meccas that are now off-limits to sportsmen because some DHS bureaucrat has decided to close them with no sportsmen's input.
I also believe that now that AGW "science" has been proven to be a FRAUD, that this "science-based decision-making" will only further restrict what sportsmen are allowed to access or utilize.[/#ff0000]

• Support for joining the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (the Law of the Sea Convention). [#ff0000]further weakening American sovereignty.
[/#ff0000]
• Water Quality and Sustainable Practices on Land: Enhance water quality in the ocean, along our coasts, and in the Great Lakes by promoting and [b]implementing sustainable practices on land.
[#ff0000]This means eliminating fertilizers for farming.
[/#ff0000]
• Changing Conditions in the Arctic: Address environmental stewardship needs in the Arctic Ocean and adjacent coastal areas in the face of climate-induced and other environmental changes.
[#ff0000]Based on politicized AGW "science".
[/#ff0000]
b. Decisions affecting the ocean, our coasts, and the Great Lakes should be informed by and consistent with the best available science. Decision-making will also be guided by a precautionary approach as reflected in the Rio Declaration of 1992 which states in pertinent part, “[w]here there are threats of serious or irreversible damage, lack of full scientific certainty shall not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent environmental degradation”; and

[#ff0000]I interpret this to mean that the leftist greenies can use junk science to further their causes, regardless of sportsmens wishes.
[/#ff0000]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Assault on fishing rights - by KJFN - 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Re: [Troll] Assault on fishing rights - by TS30 - 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by icerman - 03-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by ocean - 03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Re: [ocean] Assault on fishing rights - by gstott - 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Re: [gstott] Assault on fishing rights - by Troll - 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Re: [gstott] Assault on fishing rights - by retch_sweeney - 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by sinergy - 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by KJFN - 03-11-2010, 05:23 AM