Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tried out the new rod and reel .. no skunk
Saturday morning I got a chance to go to a local lake and wet a line.. I decided to take my new 3/4 wt rod and reel...

the lake is a very small lake in the middle of a housing community but is open to the public...

I chose a spot on the rocks near a large bed of reeds..

I tied on a small chartruesue wb but got nothing.. just a lot of practice roll casting.. :-)..

I switched to a dark red wb and again nothing but casting practice..

I then tied on a # 10 renegade ... and started roll casting again.. I was roll casting out near the reeds and then would let the fly settle .. once it settled I gave the line a very light tug so that it drifted back toward me..

I did this three or four times when I noticed my line inch forward slightly.. I lifted my rod and pulled on the line it was fish on.. [Smile]...

After a short but hard fight I landed a decent sized bluegill.. it was about 7 - 8 inches long and kind of chubby..

That was the only fish I caught all morning but it was worth the time on the water..

Even though I had my camera on me I did not get a picture.. I had not checked to see that the hook was debarbed so it took some time to correct that.. since I was concerned about the time I had the fish out of water I decided against the picture...

All in all it was a good morning ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
tried out the new rod and reel .. no skunk - by macfly55 - 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM