Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Members Introduction Page
Hello fellow fisherman. My name is Doug and I've been a Michigander (and an avid fisherman) my whole life. I mostly fish from shore here in my hometown of Grand Haven. My favorite tackle is my old Eagle Claw SQ2000 pole and Okuma FI40 spinning reel. I use Mepps Black Fury and BlueFox Vibrax Wildeyes (the older ones with the main body painted like a minnow head). I sometimes like to bottom fish, too. There are a lot of nice spots down by the river not too far from here where you can sit and fish for shovel heads and blues. I'm also a big fan of Plano tackle boxes.

I go fishing mostly on my bike (pedal bike, that is). I just load up my gear and away I go. I try to get out as often as I can. It's a great life and I agree that every boy should be exposed to the wonderful world of fishing. If they learn an appreciation for nature at a young enough age then perhaps it will stave off any bizarre behavior later on. Lord knows we got enough kids walking around with weird hairdos and metal things stuck in their faces. Give your kid a fishing pole and take him fishing and you may just save him from becoming a zoo animal.

This is the first time I have joined a fishing forum so it's nice to meet all of you and hopefully I can hook up with a few local fisherman.

[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [lonehunter] Michigan Members Introduction Page - by booyah - 05-16-2010, 03:11 AM