Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First to Fish Fund-raiser Diamond Valley Lake

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the update. I was on the Diamond Valley Lake website a few days ago and it looked like the official opening is Oct 3rd. I'd sure like to know how the cove fishing is there.

I asked about float tubes and got an email back saying, sorry but no float tubes' or sit-on-top kayaks. I'll you pontoon guys are 'outta there' and I sympathize with you. Good news is NO DIRTY, LOUSY, CRUMBY, LOW-DOWN DOG irresponsible jet-ski operators or their beautiful little craft will be allowed either!

The site says that the regulations that will be in place at DVL will be generally the same as they are at Lake Skinner. I thought it was Shaver Lake at first but my mistake. Those lakes are waaaaay different. ha ha

ONE CONCERN: The site has a bunch of addresses and places where a private boater wishing to launch in DVL "MUST GET THEIR BOAT INSPECTED AND CERTIFIED and get a sticker" BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING ON THE LAKE! Mind you, I'm not complaining just want to make sure PB's are going to be happy campers or is that boaters.

Further info can be gleaned from the home page of the Diamond Valley Lake itself (www.dvl.com), the managers Metropolitian Water District site(www.mwdh2o.com) and the local area newspaper Press-Enterprise(www.pe.com).

Again, thank you FTRDeckhand for the heads up,

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
First to Fish Fund-raiser Diamond Valley Lake - by WFBRadio - 08-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Re: [FTRDeckhand] First to Fish Fund-raiser Diamond Valley Lake - by JapanRon - 08-29-2003, 06:51 PM