Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help with installation hds 10 lowrance
Every thing you add will suck up power from your starting battery. Since I switched to a 29 series deepcycle/starting battery I havent had any problems. The 10s are LED back lit, I think they actually use less than a five. Its the back light in the color screens that kill your battery. If you put the sonic hub on your boat it wont use up any more battery than a regular stereo. Actually less, because your display on your HDS is now your head unit, which you are using for sonar anyway. I always turn the voltage on my displays. That way I can watch if my voltage drops too much and need to start the boat. I can go usually about 8-9 hours running 3 HDS 5s and SS and livewells and bilge occationaly before I need to start the boat. But I also use a 3 bank charger that tops off the starting batterys as well when its in the garage. A short run back to the marina at the end of the day wont charge most batteries up that have had a constant load on them like that.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Herefishy9995] Looking for help with installation hds 10 lowrance - by mike4cobra - 03-22-2011, 12:35 AM