Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tubin Jordanelle
[cool]Tilapia are great eating, but are not generally considered in the same league with walleye or yellow perch. The latter are much more delicate and mild flavored. White bass is also an excellent flaky fleshed fish.

Preferences in fish are largely a matter of personal preference. I have found tilapia to be a little tougher and sometimes more fishy flavored...but much of that is related to the waters they came from and how they were handled and prepared.

I can virtually guarantee that once you get a handle on harvesting perch that you will not care that they are not measured in pounds. I made many trips to Deer Creek in the olden days with perch flesh as a primary focus of the trip. Problem was that the jigs I used also had a measure of appeal to the bass, walleye and trout in the lake too. Those non-targetet species kept interrupting my quest for perch.

Don't know if you heard about it, but Road caught a 7 1/2 pound smallie up at Jordanelle fishing one of those little chartreuse roadrunner bait bugs for perch. A DWR guy was there to measure and weigh it and take his picture. He will have it posted soon.

I also heartily recommend taking your girls after perch. A few feet of line below a bobber, and a piece of worm, will keep dad busy baiting and unhooking...and keep the girls laughing. Then, the results on the table will keep everybody happy.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Float tubin Jordanelle - by FlyFishingMoose - 09-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Re: [EmuScud] Float tubin Jordanelle - by TubeDude - 09-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Float tubin Jordanelle - by fishfather - 09-18-2003, 08:16 PM