Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler Crappie n More Mudders
No worries.
Keep this post up with the Twins' Monsters is all! [Image: surprised.gif]

I have some beef liver that's been sitting in the freezer for, oh - well TOO long. Didn't figure the family would eat it - even will some yummy sweet grilled onions.... and had heard exactly that - it's tougher. Seen beef chunks left behind under "a bridge" - as well as chicken liver slung into a bush (gross!)
I have some of those sponges but haven't found 'da dip, so much as the dough bait stuff. But it's stinky to work with (worse than fresh carp strips - part of what I like about shrimp - not too bad on the fingers.) I've tried squirt tubes of blood bait and such, but done better with worm/carp/shrimp - sometimes a squirt of crawfish juice seems to turn them on with a fresh cast.

Got my cast net - need to see what kind/size of minnows I might be able to collect. (also working on a carp-bow setup - dangit if the reel didn't include the attachment piece!)

I think I have Lava and Lunker on board to float the Bear with me Sunday morn - early start - down to those 'splits' we talked about. See what comes.

Have you ever heard of getting "blood" and coagulating it? Figure Hyrum must have plenty - and you make essentially a 'sheet' of blood - let it coagulate, and cut squares - punch a hook through, and it's as good/better than liver. If it dissolves - leaves a scent trail....
Might look into it. Local butchers - another option.

If you're out and about early Sun - you could chuck rocks at us. Three goons in a green flatbottom. If the motor chokes - I might have to let out at your dads and haul it out by hand!!!

Good luck with the farming tasks. Sounds like ya'll had a good Gorge Adventure. (yet another on the bucket list!)

Messages In This Thread
Cutler Crappie n More Mudders - by CoyoteSpinner - 08-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Cutler Crappie n More Mudders - by CoyoteSpinner - 08-26-2011, 09:28 PM