Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Small Stream and The Blacksmith
Thanks, glad you're enjoying the posts. I haven't made it out anymore this week unfortunately. I haven't fished The Logan all year just because of the high flows. It's a great stream though. I've done a little research on Summit Creek, and it's definitely on my list of spots to try next year. I really do want to explore the Little Bear too. I'll probably take a detour from fly fishing if I go there though. I just got a new mold right after I stopped bass fishing for the year, and I'm eager to give these a try.[inline "small jerk.JPG"]
I think a big brown would really enjoy them on a darter head.

The whitefish are definitely spawning. I got milted on last week while handling one. They don't fight like a brown. They never jump, but when I hook into a decent sized one it puts a nice bend in my 3/4 wt and I usually have to chase it downstream a bit. The mountain whitefish which live in the streams in Cache are a different species than the ones in Bear Lake. There are actually two species that live there and they're only found there. I've heard that they're great sport and will hit lures like spinners whereas the ones in the streams mostly eat aquatic insects. Someday I'll have to go try for the Bear Lake and Bonneville whites, but probably after I get a boat. I think I'm done float tubing for the year. Way too cold for my liking.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A Small Stream and The Blacksmith - by gstott - 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Re: [CoyoteSpinner] A Small Stream and The Blacksmith - by gstott - 11-18-2011, 05:57 AM