Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures...
[cool]Sounds like the fish are in the fall transitional stage. When the water cools off the shad come to the top to eat the bugs that fell in the water during the night. Sometimes some small bluegills feeding on top too. That brings up the bigger fish that need more groceries, and eat the little ones.

The apparent preference for the color purple is not unusual. I have fished several lakes where purple was the hot color...at least a few months if not all year. If that's what the fishies vote for, that's what you put on the ballot.

The last few years in Arizona, most of the waters I fish are oriented towards two main baits...shad and crawdads. If the fish are not hitting one, they are feeding on the other. You either fish shad colors or crawdad colors. Purple does work on occasion, but I have kinda quit even carrying it on most trips. I have also let my stock of purple lures dwindle down. I have some purple jig heads and some purple worms, but I do not think I have one purple buzzbait or purple hardbait. I probably have fewer than a half dozen purple skirts (they clash with my red lipstick).

BUT...I just got some wild purple glitter that I have been wanting to try out. I will make up some various goodies in purple and send them over for you to introduce to the Castaic Purple Gang. You will have to get your own purple skirts or trailers. I will just be sending the Bussbaits and Spinnerbaits...with bodies and blades...and hooks, of course. I'll post a pic before I send them.

By the way, what the heck are the "google eyes" you are referring to? Is that an illness, something on the internet or what?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tubeN2] Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures... - by TubeDude - 10-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures... - by fishfather - 10-08-2003, 07:23 PM