Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinkin' Pink at Lindon 4-20-12
"Did the whities at the bubbleup prefer a slow retrieve or did you get them vertical jigging, Pat? Were the white bass all males that you kept? They looked on the more slender side but I could be wrong."

[cool][#0000ff]Up until my last two trips the white bass have mostly been fat and healthy...and some with recently eaten minnows in them. The fish caught on the last two trips have all been empty and some have been on weight watchers. I ended up keeping 7 yesterday. 2 were females and the rest were males...all ready to rumble. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Since I was seeing more fish suspended about mid depth than hugging the bottom I would bounce my jigs for a ways along the bottom after completing a cast. Then I would reel up through the water column, with a jigging motion. I caught fish both ways. Also got a few on the rod dead-sticking straight down from my "quick draw" rod holder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As usual, I saw a lot more than I caught but I did not see the numbers typical of the bubbleup. Still no flowing water. I think a lot of the fish are in the Jordan River and starting up the tributaries. There are some good catches of healthy fish coming from several spots along the Jordan.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the first of May I think there will be a lot of good reports from all the usual places. Plenty of fish this year and they are generally a bigger average than last year. And, as you guys proved, there are a few tug-worthy size too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Thinkin' Pink at Lindon 4-20-12 - by TubeDude - 04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Re: [wagdog] Thinkin' Pink at Lindon 4-20-12 - by TubeDude - 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM