Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsmanship
Well said TubeDude.

Once in a while someone will ask me why I love fishing so much. I usually say, "I don't know. I just like it." I guess I love the anticipation of waiting for a trout to pounce on the fly that I presented, or the tug on the line from a fish taking the bait. But there is another aspect that I often mention, and that is, that there is a brotherhood that naturally exists between fishermen on the water and hunters in the field. It is a very rare thing to get a negative reply from a fellow fisherman that you say 'howdy' to even though you have never met before. I love that. Many times I have been helped and I have helped others as well. And the great thing is that here was never any mention of repayment. We were brothers in field, of course we would help each other. If you ever want to break the ice of an awkard silence all you have to do is mention your last fishing trip and if the other person fishes too then a good friendship has just begun. I love that.

This all has a lot to do with sportsmanship. Thank goodness there are enough people with good sportsmanship to make this possible.

It all starts with courtesy. And for the most part, if you give it you get it back. That's been my experience and that is one of the reasons that I like fishing and hunting.

m
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Sportsmanship - by TubeDude - 10-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Sportsmanship - by PREDATOR - 10-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Sportsmanship - by fuzzyfisher - 10-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Sportsmanship - by icefool - 10-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Sportsmanship - by Matador - 10-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Sportsmanship - by fishfather - 10-15-2003, 08:49 PM