Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sad Farewell to Float Tubing Some Long Beach Areas

Hi there TubeDude,

Being that you fished around the Long Beach and San Pedro areas here in California in the past I thought I might pass on a bit of Sad news that is just another cautionary message to anglers concerning our beloved fishing sport and mine and other's lifestyle. The article referenced appeared in the Long Beach Press Telegram today in the beachweek section. Sigh.

Startng in mid-november, the city of Long Beach is going to institute a ban on fishing from 'public and commercial docks' and many sidewalks, seawalls, bulkheads 'in, or adjacent to a very large portion of what can now be float tubed. 'In' is the operative word here and it will include many areas used by myself, the DH boys and on and on. Sigh!

The main reason stated is the "security issue with the slip tenants" that don't like people on the water near their boats or able to see into their million dollar beach houses. Sigh.......... Other reasons sited where health issues and the danger of exposed hooks. honest!

Manage your fishing areas well my friends, there are those constantly looking to restrict the angler and his or her activities for their own self-interest. Sigh

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A Sad Farewell to Float Tubing Some Long Beach Areas - by JapanRon - 10-17-2003, 12:15 AM