Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay newbie seeking a guide?
I love lipless crank-baits as well, not so much form shore though at the rate I loose them. Jigs are cheaper. I usually Head out before sunrise and with the wind plan on getting off before noon, and depending on the fish, before 10. The wipers are going better in the evening, but there will be plenty of them in the morning as well. The boils are when wipers are chasing schooling shad to the surface, and when there are enough wipers/shad the water appears to be "boiling". Hence boils.

The canoe I fish from sometimes necessitates me not even launching dependent on wind and waves. The wind against the north dike can be a great thing to the fishing. Problem is moving along the dike casting a lot on large ankle snapping slippery rocks with water blowing in your face and... Well you get the picture.

I am still open to a Sunday foray if you don't mind sitting in a canoe for a couple hours. Should be a limit of walleyes or 2 still around with the odd Smallies, carp, wiper, crappie, etc.. I would require only that you supply 2 dozen worms. I can meet you anywhere from Ogden North as if I am headed there anyways. The gas is my own regardless in that direction. I have a good selection of lures and can loan you any tackle you might want to try.

Every day is a new day to fishing, so don't feel remotely inhibited by being less experienced. It makes it easier when you get skunked! [Wink] Especially as often as I get Skunked! Shoot me a PM if you are still interested.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard bay newbie seeking a guide? - by Hornet - 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: [Hornet] Willard bay newbie seeking a guide? - by Jmaze - 06-23-2012, 06:14 PM