Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay newbie seeking a guide?
Wipers in particular are very susceptible to dawn and dusk. Walleye are VERY good night biters. Night fishing at Willard is getting tougher with the gate situation. About this time of year I like to start night fishing. If you noticed those beads on you bouncer glowed... Lots more trickery to the Walleye fishing. On top of the quality of fishing at night the weather can be much nicer, the bugs.... Well... They can be worse... I have even caught the odd wiper or 2 at night along with lots o cats. If you noticed the average size of the cats has gone down, along with the quantity. The canoe is so limited by the weather sometimes. Oh well the worst day fishing is better then the best day working. This week looks horrible if a storm really does come in. Willard is not the place to be caught in a storm.

As to them being driven deeper? Could be especially this time of year. But the surface temps were not over 70 so I just don't know. If we fished south we would have wondered over to some deeper waters to test that theory. At night he shad come off the bottom to feed in plankton rich waters. And the Walleye certainly do follow. I did have a few friends go out later on Sunday and tell me the wiper fishing was a hit even after the sun went down. My apologies, but there are a lot of short comings in the canoe. Most unser mountable.

Still always willing to hit it up as long as it is not a post front day!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard bay newbie seeking a guide? - by Hornet - 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: [Hornet] Willard bay newbie seeking a guide? - by Jmaze - 06-26-2012, 12:40 AM