Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortening the toes on neoprene waders ???
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you were able to find the cement. Good luck with the repair. Don't shorten the waders too much. You will need extra room for adding layers when the water is colder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You were wise to try on the fins with all the gear you will be wearing. When it comes to sizing on fins it is tough to know what to buy without trying. Not all manufacturers adhere to the same standards in their size designations...especially fins made "offshore". One maker's L might be the equivalent of another's medium.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I wear a size 13 shoe and when I add a couple of pairs of wool socks inside my waders...and then put on my divers' booties...I have a load to stuff into my fins. I actually have to buy size 16 booties. My fins are Mares Plana Avantis...in size XL. They have a large soft foot pocket that accomodates my "wide load" in winter. But, with the easy adjust buckles and straps they quickly size down for my lesser requirements in warmer water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the most common problems experienced by tubers and tooners is having fins that are too small and that cause foot constriction. It doesn't matter how much warmth you wear on your feet if the fins are too tight...and your feet do not get blood circulation.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [TOJIACKFLOATMAN] Shortening the toes on neoprene waders ??? - by TubeDude - 07-15-2012, 11:19 AM