Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Sunday 10/26
Just spoke with "Chad" at Scofield State Park. He said that even though the park remains technically open, the state park employees don't get up to the lake very often in the winter. He also told me there aren't enough funds in the winter to keep it up and running. Strawberry has snowmobiling and other winter activities keep the $ coming in... He claims that another problem with keeping bathrooms available are winter temps. He said it would be impossible to keep them from freezing. He also said that one of the boat ramps remains open for use but that for all intents and purposes the "park" is closed in the winter. He claimed fee boxes were for donations during the winter and paying wasn't mandatory. This is basically the same story I was given a few years back when I inquired. The road on the east side of the lake is open during winter months due to the year round residents in the towns of Scofield and Clear Creek. If you'de like to call 435-448-9449... Hope this info helps.. You'de think that because Scofield is Price's drinking water that would want to keep it as clean as possible. He then said that restrooms on us40 at strawberry don't cost money to use but thats because enough money was generated to keep them open.. Not that they would have to charge more per person at scofield, just have more people paying year round.

P.S. You all can come visit me on the west side of the lake and use our "porta-john"...[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Scofield Sunday 10/26 - by MisterCompletely - 10-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Scofield Sunday 10/26 - by Xman - 10-29-2003, 03:34 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] Scofield Sunday 10/26 - by BEARCLAW - 10-29-2003, 07:54 PM