Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fish from a kayak?
Ron, if you want help with the motion sickness, try ginger pills. You can get them at Walmart herb/vitamin dept. They work wonders for one of our daughters who has serious motion sickness issues. She just takes a couple about 15 to 20 minutes before we go on the boat or even take a long drive. It has completely solved the problem for her.

Old Troller,
I don't know where you can rent one to try, but you might check with some of the stores that sell them.

I have used kayaks before, and I do still own an inflatable one. I like kayaks for their speed and maneuverability. They are great for getting from point A to point B. But I don't like them as well as tubes and toons to fish from.

They are easily affected by wind, and there is too much wind here in Idaho to be fighting it all the time. I found it was a case of either having the paddle in my hands or my rod. I was constantly having either to anchor or paddle back into position. In a calm they were fun to fish from. In Washington they were great, but in breezy Idaho I like a tube or pontoon better to fish from. I can constantly adjust my position with my fins and not have to mess with a paddle.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Anyone fish from a kayak? - by OldTroller - 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Re: [idahoron] Anyone fish from a kayak? - by cpierce - 10-20-2012, 03:13 AM