Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Fish Plants!? Yikes! Plants Just Announced 11/4 7:15pm

Hi there ROMEROFISHERKING,

Yes, figured that the hatcherys must have taken a big hit (for both the San Diego area and those servicing the areas near the fires around lakes near Big Bear)and reading some of the stories by anglers in other areas where big fires occured, one can not but feel sorry for the hatchery and native stocks in the areas involved. Surely all the fish in streams are dead or will die now or when the rains or snow runoff comes. Poor things.

I imagine the funds for plantings that USUALLY are done during this time will be diverted to repair of hatchery facilities, etc. I'm not a comptroller for the DFG program so I don't know the details but that would seem reasonable to me.

On the license, as a lite bit of humor/irony, don't we know that funds like the marine fuel tax are often diverted to other non-related projects. Thus the 'ha ha' at the end.

If anyone knows and will do the best to get the most out of the programs we have, we can depend and appreciate your efforts and sucess both in the past and in the future.

Thanks for all your efforts as always,

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ROMEROFISHERKING] Another Week of No Fish Plants! - by JapanRon - 11-04-2003, 02:56 PM