Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Westside 12-7-12
Nice post Pat!

And as you mentioned, although I've visited the tackle-torium many times, I've never actually FISHED with you before, so it was a fun road trip!

I started by waking up at 3:00 a.m. and picking TubeDude up at his house at 4:00 a.m. From there, Pat and I drove up to Ralphs house in Clinton and met him at 5:00 a.m. Pat gave Ralph and I each some always welcome lure trinkets to use and add to my exclusive TubeDude lure collection. At that point myself and Pat got in Ralphs vehicle, and I put on some earplugs and propped my head up against my pillow that I had brought, and to me it seemed like we arrived at the Bear Lake Marina within minutes, cause that's the next thing I remember, but I'm sure it was at least a little longer drive than that! What I'm saying is that it was a major planning effort on everyones part to make this happen and I was happy to be along.

Right outside the marina I caught my first fish within minutes, but it broke me off. I didn't catch another till we motored over to Gus Rich point. There both Ralph and I caught 1/2 dozen each, with some pushing 20/21 inches or so. Really surprised me at the size of these fish! I've never caught them before and was expecting to catch fish half that size. Pat and Scott filleted all of our catch for us while we (Ralph and I) were out fishing with Adam, trying to catch some lake trouts. Although we had a couple on, we never got any to the boat.

Ralph loaned me his smoker and some excellent instructions, and I took our catch home and here is the final result...my first attempt at smoking and they turned out excellent! The 2nd batch is just finishing up now, and the first batch is half gone already!

Thanks to Ralph (OldCoot) and Pat (TubeDude) for the EXELLENT company and the great trip! It was also a pleasure meeting Scott (BLFG) for the first time and it was nice to see Adam and Tonya again. Tonya tried to talk me into doing the fish club again next year, but I still haven't recuped from helping her out with it last year, so we will have to see.

Here is a pic of vacuum packed smoked Whitefish fillets. As stated above...half of them are gone already!

Randy

[inline "Smoked Whitefish.jpg"]
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Westside 12-7-12 - by TubeDude - 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Re: [tmas] Bear Lake Westside 12-7-12 - by GSP - 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Bear Lake Westside 12-7-12 - by N.E.T.O. - 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM