Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona Christmas Tree (Non Fishing)
[cool][size 2]Hey O4T, glad you liked the tree, and that you appreciate our local landscape. A lot of folks who have never been in this part of the country envision it as like the Sahara Desert. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is a lot of natural beauty and fascinating flora and fauna.[/size]

[size 2]I used to shoot a lot of slides of desert plants in bloom...and there are a lot of blooming plants, besides cactus. About every eight to ten years there is a lot of rain over the winter and the desert becomes a carpet of mulitcolored flowers.[/size]

[size 2]For several years, I put on free slide shows for the winter visitors (snowbirds) down here. They are only here for a short while and miss all the bloom activity. They were usually freaked out when they saw all the bloom pics.[/size]

[size 2]Of course there are lots of famous sunsets in the clear air of Arizona too. And when the monsoon storms hit in the summer, there are some spectacular cloud formations, lightning displays and rainbows...many doubles.[/size]

[size 2]Not sure if I will get out fishing this next weekend. Both TubeBabe and myself are recovering from our obligatory seasonal colds. But, as soon as possible.[/size]

[size 2]Thanks to all for the kind comments. I wasn't sure if I would be lynched or not by posting such a "sacriligious" tree.[/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Out4Trout] Arizona Christmas Tree (Non Fishing) - by TubeDude - 12-02-2003, 11:41 AM